Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
If you’re looking for a delicious, comforting healthy spinach lasagna look no further. This simple and easy vegetarian lasagna will hit the right spot without the guilt.
Lasagna is the one of the ultimate comfort foods, but can be a calorie and fat bomb! Luckily this recipe is healthy, low-fat and tastes great!
The entire family is sure to love this simple yet tasty lasagna. It’s really easy to make, good on the waistline and is sure to be a hit for even picky eaters in the family.
To make this spinach and ricotta lasagna start by preparing the ingredients.
How To Make Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
Chop the zucchini and bell pepper into small cubes. Then add the vegetables, pasta sauce, and basil to a pan and bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
Once boiling, lower the heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Then turn off the heat and set aside for later.
Next, you need to pre-heat your oven to 356F or 180c.
Beat the two eggs together.
Take a large bowl and mix together the ricotta, cottage cheese and half of the beaten eggs and season with some salt and pepper. You want to mix this really well.
Now is the fun part, assembling the lasagna.
Take the vegetable sauce you made earlier and spread half the sauce over the base of your baking dish. Add a layer of lasagna sheets and cover with a layer of the ricotta mix. Then layer with spinach.
You can use fresh spinach or frozen. If you’re using frozen spinach defrost it first and squeeze out any excess water.
Next place another layer of lasagna sheets, the remaining ricotta mix, and spinach. Top with remaining lasagna sheets. Spread the rest of pasta sauce on top and gently press down on the lasagna sheets so it’s covered by the sauce.
Now mix the yogurt and the rest of the beaten egg and spoon over the top of the lasagna. Season and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the lasagna is golden and bubbling. Once cooked remove from the oven and allow the lasagna to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
That’s it! Enjoy your health spinach and ricotta lasagna, don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Super Easy, Healthy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
A delicious and healthy version of one of the most classical comfort foods. This simple and easy to make vegetarian spinach and ricotta lasagna will hit the spot without the guilt!
- 24oz / 700grams - Pasta Sauce with Onion and Garlic
- 2 Zucchinis/Courgettes - Cut into small cubes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 12oz / 340grams - Ricotta Cheese
- 14oz / 400grams - Low fat natural cottage cheese
- 9oz / 255grams - Low-fat Greek yogurt
- 21oz / 600grams - *Frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess liquid
- 9 Dried lasagna sheets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- A small handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the pasta sauce, zucchini, bell pepper and basil in a pan and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Season and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Put the ricotta, cottage cheese and half the beaten egg in a large bowl, season and mix well.
- Spread half the veggie sauce over the base of a deep 9x13in /33 x 23cm baking dish. Place 3 lasagna sheets on top. Spread with half the ricotta mixture, then top with half the spinach.
- Layer with 3 more lasagna sheets, the remaining ricotta mixture and the rest of the spinach. Top with the remaining lasagna sheets. Spread the rest of the tomato sauce over the top., then gently press down on the lasagne sheets so the sauce fills up around the sides.
- Mix the yogurt and remaining egg in a bowl, season and spoon over the top to cover evenly. Add a twist of black pepper and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbling. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This Recipe is Freezer Friendly!
*Fresh Spinach can be used instead of frozen.
For Slimming World - Syns - Extra Easy Free*, Green Free*
Add 6 syns if not using the ricotta as a healthy extra